Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Touchblue By Cynthia Lord


Touchblue
By Cynthia Lord
The state of Maine plans to shut down eleven year-old Tess's island
schoolhouse, which would force her family to move to the mainland. The
islanders have a plan to increase the number of students by having
several families take on foster children. Tess and her family are taking
a chance with 13 year-old trumpet player Aaron. Aaron has been bounced
around from home to home and isn’t exactly what Tess had imagined.
Will Tess’s wish come true or will her luck run out?

This is especially a great book to read if you plan on taking your child on a trip to the beach! I had just
read this book and then went on a trip to Panama City, Panama. While there I found oodles of sea
glass. This prompted a lesson on sea glass for my husband. I tell this story to my students and
explain to them how reading teaches us about the world. I had never seen sea glass before but
because of this book I was an "expert" on the topic. ;)

DRA Level: 40
Interest Level: Grades 3-8
Lexile: 750L

No comments:

Post a Comment