Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Christmas Spurs by Bill Wallace

bursting with love
One of my all-time favorite books read to me while I was in elementary school was The Christmas Spurs by Bill Wallace. It was read to me when I was in 3rd grade by my teacher, Mrs. Sexton. This realistic fiction book is both sad and heart-warming, a book you won't forget after reading it!

A poignant, unforgettable story of a very special Christmas. When you're a big brother you don't cry, no matter how scared you are, and I'm scared. My little brother, Jimmy, is sick. Little brothers can be a pain, but all I want for Christmas is for him to get well. Santa seems to be listening when we get Buck, the best horse ever! I get spurs, and Jimmy gets a new cowboy hat, a real Stetson. He's so happy it almost makes us forget...until Jimmy's in the hospital again. 

Lexile: 720L

No comments:

Post a Comment