Monday, April 1, 2019

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

Number the Stars
By Lois Lowry

I have read this book at least once for every year I've been alive. It is my favorite book of ALL time! I used to pretend the two girls were myself and my best friend. I actually remember the day my high school English teacher told me this book was fiction. It killed me! :)

This book takes place in Denmark when all the German troops were invading. Jews were being forced out of their homes. In this incredible tale you learn about how people fought back. It makes such a horrific time in our country a little more kid friendly. We see through Annemarie's eyes what it was like to watch the Danish Resistance try to move the Jewish people across the sea to Sweden. What will happen to Annemarie and her best friend Ellen?

Interest Level: Grades 3-8
DRA Level: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment