Monday, April 1, 2019

How to Speak Dolphin by Ginny Rorby


How to Speak Dolphin 
by Ginny Rorby

This book hits on a few of my interests… 1) Facts about animals: You will learn about dolphins and how they live their lives. 2) Special needs: I learned so much about autism by reading this book. It helped me understand students I have had in the past. I didn't know anything about being blind and this book opened the doors to what it might feel like. I love how Zoe uses her blindness and strives at being the best she can be. Who knew dolphins and blind humans had so much in common? I especially liked how it helped me see from a parent/ teacher’s perspective and how to help a child with special needs soar by letting them go. 3) BP Gulf Coast Oil Spill: I teach about this in social studies and was shocked to hear the aftermath from such a tragedy.


Interest Level: Grades 3-8



No comments:

Post a Comment