Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Craig & Fred By Craig Grossi

Craig & Fred: A Marine, A Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other
By Craig Grossi
I was six thousand miles from home, in a combat zone, in one of the hardest places in the world. Unlike me, Fred was home. This compound was all he knew. And even though he'd probably never had a drink of clean water before or a scratch behind the ear, he was gentle and sweet. Looking down at home, I let go of worrying about the no-dog policy or when the next round of fighting would begin. For that moment, I felt like I was home, too. 

WOW! This autobiography is such an eye opening, touching book! Craig does a great job balancing out his life in a combat zone and adjusting to life back home. I am a dog lover and can only imagine the peace Fred gave Craig. Great read for students! Here is a short video about the book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwGRL0r70I

No comments:

Post a Comment